Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th by Stacey Michaud


This week we celebrate the fourth of July!  We usually spend the day with good friends, swimming, boating and laughing.  It is a great tradition!  I decided to scrap a photo from the day in honor of Independence Day.  Here is my page, all decked out in red, white and blue.

 
I combined two collections to make this page.  I mostly used Urban Market and incorporated in some Something Wonderful!  The red and pink strip is from Something Wonderful.  I purposefully chose the navy floral because it reminds me of a bandana. 
 

 
I love to pick an embellishment or two and really incorporate them on a page.  For this layout, I let the brads and the wood veneer shine.  I knew I wanted to build my title using the Urban Market Wood Veneer pieces.  Then I had the idea to use the 1, 2, 3 brads going down the stripes, leading to the 4th.  I like how it matches the vertical lines.

 
I instantly knew I wanted to use the large feather from the wood veneer package.  I made me think of our Founding Fathers using an quill pen.  I placed it near my journaling.  To really ground the photo, I layered it with the No. 1 tag, Admit One ticket and the star sticker.  A few embellishments go a long way.  I used one more wood piece, utilizing the star as a tracer.  It helped my draw the star along the top of the page and near the 4th title.  This page took only 30 minutes to create, yet it has fun detailing and personal touches. 
 
I hope you enjoy the fourth of July!  Be sure to take photos and put these two collections to good use!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...