Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This makes me happy layout by Stacey Michaud

Happy Wednesday!  Today I am sharing a page that I made with several fun elements from the Daily Stories collection!  I will share with you how to put together a layout that has fun touches.

I decided to document a hug between my two children.  They are only 18 months apart with very opposite personalities.  They are at an age where they are arguing a bunch.  Little stuff, but it is often.  So a hug needed to be talked about on a page.

 
To create this page, I started with the 12X12 sheet of called Quotes.  I started by adding a strip of the black diagonal paper along the side.  I used a thinner and shorter piece of the heart paper to add color and balance the rest of the page.  I hand cut the scallop border from the Ombre Circle paper, adding in one row of scallops.  I topped that side off with a brad on the top and a wood veneer circle on the bottom.
 
The next largest element is the blue 6X6 sheet of paper.  I ripped it from the paper pad carefully and decided to keep the white border that was on the top.  I turned the 6X6 sheet and used it to ground my photo.  I started layering, using the Write This Down journaling card and a tag.  I also put the boy/girl journaling card to the right because I love how it goes with my theme.  TheThis Makes Me Happy artisan shape is cut from a journaling card.  I like to hand cut elements, using only pieces of paper in my designs.  It makes each page unique.


I added some chipboard pieces, brads and the new enamel shapes.  I finished off the layout using three of the speech bubbles from the Quotes paper.  I looked for the words that fit my page the most.

I just love the colors and fun embellishments in this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...