Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stripes & Sequins - Melissa Phillips


Hello!  I've been enjoying the new Save the Date collection from Teresa Collins lately.  I love the mix of shabby/chic with trendy and modern.  The stripes, damask, and touches of gold make this collection perfect for so many different occasions.

I created a couple of cards today that could be used for weddings, anniversaries, or simply just because.   I began by choosing a simple background and then selecting stripes and florals to build on.  The stripes comes from the 12x12 Save the Date Just Married sheet, while the other patterns come from the 6x6 Save the Date paper pad.

I added die cuts and chipboard by layering them and staggering them at different levels using dimensional adhesive.  I then added accents including Save the Date sequins, brads, and buttons.

Lastly, a simple but beautiful Save the Date chipboard flower was added to soften the stripes just a bit and make this card sweet and feminine.

This card combines paper from the Save the Date 6x6 paper pad along with a die cut tag, which provides the base for my focal point.

I added stripes across the bottom by using Save the Date decorative tape and then added a heart border sticker across the top, once again to soften the bold stripes just a bit.  I then stamped the lovely damask image from the Save the Date stamp set directly to my tag and added a brad and die cut for my sentiment.

I used 12x12 Save the Date Gala paper to create my flower medallions and embellished them by adding in a die cut banner, followed by a Save the Date wood chip heart, directly placed over the heart image, and then filled in with a few gold sequins, all from the Save the Date collection.  The center of my medallion is embellished with a chipboard button and enamel dot.  

There are so many fun elements waiting to be used and combined with all of the Teresa Collins collections.  Every last detail has been perfectly thought out which makes creating so effortless and fun!
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning....luv the soft, fresh colours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOVE those gold sequins in the little gold heart!!!!!!!!!!! They just make me SMIIIIIILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...