Sunday, November 10, 2013

You Are My Happy Layout: Do More Of What Makes YOU Happy by Leslie Ashe

Can you believe we are in the 2nd week of November? 

WHAT? Time is FLYING.  

I like to do simple things this time of year. Make simple projects,
cards, crafty things for decorations...etc.

I did that with my layout I'm sharing with you today using 
the You Are My Happy line:

 

for my layout, I simply trimmed my choice of patterned paper
that I thought matched this awesome photo of  my cute cycling husband.
I love his smile here! Anyway...I decided to go with gold because for this 
photo, he's actually just about to race an event that he WON! So fun.
 


Also, I only used a TAD of pink - I mean
real guys wear pink, right? LOL! Or rather are on scrapbook pages in pink. HAHA!



To recreate this layout all you have to do is simply:
-trim your choice of patterned paper and place in the center of cardstock (I chose white)
-use 3 border strips of your choice and place to the right of your paper
-add your photo (mine is 5x7) to the right, flush with the border strips
-add a chipboard border to the left side of your photo. It's ok if it's ON your photo (seen here)
-cut apart a file folder, add to the top of your chipboard border
-tie a tiny piece of cord around the file folder & add embellishments on top
-add embellishments and letter stickers to the left side of your page
-add chipboard strip & banner stickers to the top of the file folder you've cut
-to play on the gold circles from the patterned paper, add buttons, sequins & brads in 
 various places for a fun effect.

see, that's it! So easy! I seriously created this layout in an hour. 
That's a RECORD for me. And I love it...

have a great day!
thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...