Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Create by Stacey Michaud



Being creative is a blessing.  It is the ability to express your feelings via art.  There is something so simple, yet wonderful about being able to make something that is uniquely yours.  My daughter has the gift of creativity.  Her imagination is wild and free.  I love that part of her personality and know the pursuit of creativity will keep her happy for a long time.

That is where the You Are My Happy collection comes in to help!  I wanted to record her joy with a layout.  The collection has such a great variety of embellishment and goodies.  It allows for creativity in itself.

 
When I started designing this page, I knew I wanted the feel of a grid.  You can never go wrong with a grid design.  Typical grid designs are made up of rows and columns.  I shook mine up a bit by going outside the lines.  I kept the paper to a minimum to really show off the embellishments.  It is amazing what you can make with only a few products! 
 

I grouped together the large chipboard block, adding the heart and button to the right, giving it more dimension.  I combined round brads and enamel dots around the grid to make it softer.  I also added the sequins to the top of the two taupe hearts on the tickets.  Feel free to embellish your embellishments!  It makes them special!
 
 
I also cut the scalloped edges from the Hearts paper and layered a few along the top of my page.  I often like to use portions of paper to add a different twist to a page.
 
Grab your favorite parts of this collection and start building a page today!  Begin with a grid and let your creativity take you from there!  Just like my I tell my daughter, it will make you happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...