Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stationery Noted Cards with Suzanne Sergi


Happy Wednesday!

With Fourth of July arriving tomorrow I was inspired to pull out the Stationery Noted collection. Although the color palette is red, white, and blue, the cards below are fit for any occasion. I kept the design simple, and wanted to achieve clean lines throughout. I used white card stock as the base of each of the cards to keep them crisp, and clean.


On this card, I turned to the Stationery Noted Accessory sheet, and used one of the cards to house my sentiment. I wanted to create a card that could be used for birthday, or to include a congratulatory note. Stars are perfect for celebrating something big, so I used two of them on top of the card. I layered them at different angles on top of the card. Along the bottom you will see I turned to the border strips found in this collection. The design at the top was a rick rack design. I simply cut at the  tips to create my own unique border. I love to see layers on my paper crafts. So, here you will see bits from the accessory die cut sheet, and the 12x12 Polaroid paper. I also pulled a new punch, and punch the small rectangle out of red card stock. A few stitches hold this all in place.



Now, the border strips are also perfect for creating mini banners. Here I used a tiny section, and folded it over to attach to a toothpick. Easy to do, and was perfect for the last detail to the card.


On my second card I used the woodgrain paper found in the 6x6 designer pad. Then I pulled a banner found in the Summer Stories Accessory sheet. I used one of the stamps to add my sentiment inside the red label. Again, I turned to the border strips to create another tiny banner to tuck behind the paper flowers.


 To create this fun flower, I used two red polka dot flowers found in the flower assortment pack. I layered these on top of two stars I cut with my Silhouette out of two different patterns of paper. I wanted to create a big, and bold flower held together by a brad found in the Now & Then collection. I wanted one more element on this card, so I used a star charm found in the Every Day Moments collection, just because.

Hope this inspires you create cards using the Stationery Noted collection, but don't forget to pull in fun elements from all of your Teresa Collins  collections. They all work so well together! Happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable cards, Suzanne! Love your style! The Stationary Noted collection is simply stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...