Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Cottage Coundown flip album by Cheri Piles Part 2

Welcome Back!! I am so glad you enjoyed yesterday's preview! Today you are going to see pages 5 through 9! If you missed yesterday's preview you can see it ----> HERE

I just love this medallion paper! I coupled it with a strip of the music paper and it just works! The green chevron on top of the music paper - patterns layered on patterns, don't be afraid to give this a try. I think the reason it works so well is because each piece you are looking at has inked edges in brown and that brings consistency to the pieces. When you layer on chipboard use pop dots to support pieces if they are off center like my #5, half is layered on the chipboard "day" piece and the top half I used pop dots so it is even. Also on the die cut border strip add bling to the center of the snowflakes - you can see in this example it makes a difference - the snowflake on the left has a bling and the one on the right doesn't so you can see the difference.

This base page measures 5 1/2" x 9". I made a tag from one of my larger scraps and stamped on it. This page would be great for a smaller wallet size photo or left as is. From my red scraps I cut out stars and layered them under the "six" I thought it was a fun look with the snowflake on the bottom left of the tag.

This page is made up of mostly scraps! The base paper is from three different sheets. I Love the grouping on this page with the wood label that I created just like the one from page one yesterday, the layered flowers with large brad in the center make it nice - Hang one of the petals off of the page to create a "tab"!

More color blocking, in green this time! Also stamping white snowflakes, so much fun and gives this page some "movement" Create a simple statement by alternating clear bling with a great brad under the photo! Simple but fun and elegant all at once. By Corner rounding the chevron paper it draws your eye in and gives the page it's focal point. Washi tape connects the barn wood to the green dots paper, it's decorative yet functional!

By now you are noticing the snowflake tabs - these are cut from the scallop snowflake border strip, I cut two off at a time, folded them in half and created tabs throughout the book - it gives it a cohesiveness by repeating the same look. Notice on this page that there is a simplistic look but there are many layers of papers - 5! That's a lot for such a small space but it works and is "clean" looking which is the key here.

Well I'm soooo excited for the next few days! If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will try my best to answer your questions! I loved reading all of your comments on the blog and facebook, how much you were enjoying the preview so far last night and your kind comments just mean the world to me, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them!! Till tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...