Monday, March 21, 2011

Teresa Collins Design Team - Getting to know Laura McCollough


We are very excited for you to get to know design team member Laura. We asked her a few questions and here's what she had to say:
Laura McCollough
  • What is your scrapbooking style? My style is very eclectic and I like to mix it up and try new techniques all the time.
  • How did you start scrapbooking? My love of "scrapbooking" started back when I was a little girl and made my own little albums that I still have (my daughters laugh at them though :)
  • What influences your designs? Nature is a big influence but also current fashions and colors.  I also LOVE Interior Design and watching HGTV and other home shows gives me great ideas.
  • How long do you spend working on a layout? I like to start a project and then leave it on my table and come back to it.  It gives me a fresh perspective and I can tell if I like the feel of it right away.
  • What does your work area look like while you are working on a project? Clean and organized? Messy and all over the place?  I'd LOVE to say clean and organized but sadly it's just the opposite. :)-
  • What is your favorite color combination? I'm not one that can tell you my FAVORITE color, so this is hard...  Right now I'm liking light yellow, light turquoise and white together. 
  • Do you have any other hobbies? I love to cook, used to sing a lot and play tennis but I don't have time to do much these days.  We took a year off and traveled the World with our kids some years ago and that gave us the "travel bug" so I would say traveling is a HUGE part of my life... can that be considered a hobby?  Let's say YES!  lol...
We love how Laura created this great team Pennant!
This penant is such a quick and FUN way to show your support at a game! I started with a Clear Scrap sacrylic pennant and traced the star paper with this shape and then cut it out and attached BEHIND the acrylic with Zip Dry or you could use small glue dots.

Then I took one of the Sports sayings “team” and cut it out and attached to the middle of the pennant with some pop dots. I also took some alpha stickers from American Crafts (GO) and attached on the acrylic above. 

Next I took the Tim Holtz Sizzix die and the blue paper from the sports line to create the flower.
Follow the directions to create flower and then attach to pennant. I used a circle punch to punch out the “all star” circle and attached to the top of the flower.

I added some other embellishments like “play hard”, the brad and the white trim from this line. Lastly, I took an 18” wooden dowel I bought at my local craft store and attached to the back side of the pennant with glue dots. Then I punched the two holes already in the acrylic pennant, threaded some trim through the holes and tied knots around the wooden dowel to give it even more stability.

The acrylic pennants come in a package of 7 so this would be a GREAT way to make all of them and
pass them out to show your support at a game!

_____________________________________________________________________

We also love Laura's Sprit Banner!


This banner was made using Clear Scraps Pennant album. I took 4 of the 7 pages and
turned it into this banner by tracing the Sports Edition II papers I wanted for each
pennant, cutting them out and attaching them to the BACKSIDE of each pennant with
Zip Dry or small glue dots.

Then I had FUN using all the die cuts and embellishments from the Sports Edition II line
to add to each pennant. I then used the Circut machine to cut out the words TEAM and
Spirit as well as the brackets on each side of “spirit”. I attached these words with pop
dots to the pennants and finished off the banner with some twill ribbon to string it all
together and hang it up!

Thank you Laura for your great creations! To see more of Laura's creations click {HERE}

8 comments:

  1. Love these, Laura! So much fun reading everyone's answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banner! Love getting to know a little bit more about everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Laura...so nice getting to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura has so much talent that it constantly amazes me! Plus a wonderful personality! It's great seeing her join the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just LOVE the banner and the Pennant!!! so festive and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Pennant and banner,just love what you did with the Sports line! ✿

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock Laura... Love the pennant and banner. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...