Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wrapped Up in Style - Melissa Phillips


Wrapping up beautiful packages is one of my most favorite ways to use my paper-crafting supplies, so for today's post, I've created a couple of dressed up gifts using products from the Something Wonderful collection.

I found some patterned glassine bags at my craft store along with some white paper doilies.  After filling my packages, I folded the doilies over the top, and set to work.  I made a paper rosette to embellish the front of this bag by using some glittery paper from the Urban Market collection.  Next came a few die cut flowers using the 6x6 Something Wonderful paper pad and a bit of muslin.  The center of my flower was embellished and secured using a metal brad and enamel heart.

I cut a few banner strips in various widths and attached them down the front of my bag, using a chipboard element down the center to add a simple sentiment and more color.  And, decorative tape completes just about everything, so I added a bit of it across the bottom of my bag and love the character it adds.

This bag uses many of the same elements, such as more chipboard.  This large circular shape provided the base for my paper rosette and is finished with a smaller chipboard circle and metal brad.


More decorative tape at the bottom and more banners and this little package comes together so quickly and will be fun to give away.
Thanks for visiting.
Melissa

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift bags, Melissa! LOVE all the die cut layers and designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable gift bags! Love the flowers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE THEM! AND I ADORE your use of the "view finder disc!" SO ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...