Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Two Awesome Crazies by Stacey Michaud

I am loving the blue and white color scheme in the new Urban Market collection.  It is fresh and perfect for summer.  I have seen blue and white everywhere from fashion to home décor.  This week, I used the colors to make my vivid photos pop.  I also like how it fits masculine pages.

 
 I decided to use the enamel dots and some chipboard as the major embellishments on the page.  I started by creating a thick border along the top, complete with typography that I love.  I layered a tag under the border, specially picking the days of the week theme.  I hand cut the Remember This circle from a sheet of paper and also layered that.  I wanted repeating circles around the page. I also created some cool interest by adding the chipboard circles border to the black scallop, which I hand cut.
 

I decided to make the title pop by using a number 2 that is highlighted by a wood veneer star.  I hand cut the sparkly edged circle and layered that as well.  I built the rest of my title using a sticker and the alphabet stickers.  To add some interest, I scattered the enamel dots around the star.  I love creating random lines on the page.
 
 
I always like to highlight my photo so I put the camera from the epherema package right along the bottom.  I placed a brad in the center.  I added Xyron foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit to add dimension.  I love how it pops off the page.
 
 
 
Have fun with your scrapbooking goodies....remember to hand cut elements you love and use metal or enamel embellishment to add some pizazz.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...