Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mix Ins for Modeling Paste with Tessa Wise

Hi!  Today I have two cards that feature the Basically Essentials goodies to share!  I pulled out my stencils and modeling paste and thought it would be fun to try something new.  I experimented mixing in a few different products but in the end, the glitter and craft paints were my favorite! 



Before adding the paste to my stencils, I scooped a little out onto a craft mat and added a couple drops of coral craft paint to it.  It mixed in so well leaving it a creamy pink.  I placed the hearts stencil over my white card base and spread the pink modeling paste over the top.  I purposely left it a bit messy.

Once it was dry, I added a couple of strips of the Something Wonderful Decorative Tapes along the bottom.  I used an overlay from the Something Wonderful collection to stamp my sentiment on- I love the happy heart on this one!  When stamping on the overlays, be sure to use a solvent ink like Staz On.  It won't smear and is guaranteed to dry on shiny surfaces.  I punched a small hole into the left corner of the overlay strip and attached it to my card with some gold twine.  I added a few of those gorgeous gold star sequins from the Something Wonderful collection to finish off my look.


For my second card, I mixed in glitter!  The glitter I chose had multiple sized gold and holographic glitter. 


Before I began, I watercolored some pinks, oranges, and yellows onto a 4x4 piece of watercolor paper and let it dry.  I added a dollop of modeling paste onto my craft mat and mixed in good helping of glitter.  The glitter is a fun mix in but it created more of a textured paste than a sparkly paste! 

I placed the stars stencil over the watercolored piece and spread the glittery paste over the top.  I smoothed it out and then added just a pinch of the glitter to the top while it was still wet.  I pulled the stencil off and let it dry completely.

I cut another overlay from the Something Wonderful collection to fit over my 4x4 watercolor panel.  I stapled it into place using my Teresa Collins stapler by Xyron where I knew the twine would cover it.  I wrapped it with the twine and finished it with a bow.  Then I added it to a white card base using dimensional adhesive squares.  I finished off this look again with the great star sequins!


I always enjoy it when I get out the Basically Essential goodies- they are just so fun!  Adding color and texture are just a couple of things you can do- I hope I've inspired you to mix in a few things yourself!

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...