Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bejewelled Cards by Tessa Wise

Hello!  Today I have a couple of cards to share- both are heavy on the shiny stuff!  I think I may be addicted to sequins lol!  My first card was inspired by a sketch by the team over atScrapbook Generation's Create Magazine-  it was part of the Teresa Collins Designs feature in the March issue:


TC Sequined Circles Card 1- Tessa Wise

I started with a white card base and cut the striped paper to fit in the center.  I used my Teresa Collins eBosser along with some nesting circle dies to first cut out a circle from the striped paper and next to cut two circles out of mint and coral cardstock.  I used dies that were slightly smaller for the inside layers.   Once they were cut, I added the striped panel to the center of the card using foam adhesive squares for depth.  I cut a bit of the left side off of each of the circles so they would line up with the striped panel when I adhered them down.  The coral piece is adhered straight to the card front.  The mint piece was stamped with the beautiful sentiment from the Save The Date collection stamp set.  It was then adhered to the card with more foam adhesive squares. 

TC Sequined Circle Card 2- Tessa Wise

The jewels and sequins were added next- I wanted them to look like they were sprinkled around the focal point.  I used my Teresa Collins’ Clear Hold Adhesive by Xyron to glue each of the sequins in to place- it works perfectly for this!!

My second card is a little different.  I was just playing with my Basically Essential stencils when I made this one- it was inspired by the bokeh photo effect:

TC Love You Stencil Card 1- Tessa Wise

I started with a white card base and Stencil pack #3.  I layed down the hearts stencil over the top of the card front and lightly colored in a few hearts with two pink colored pencils.  Next I pulled out the stencil with the large heart and love you sentiment.  I added the heart first, using pink ink and a foam applicator.  I was careful to not get pink ink into the other parts of the stencil and used removable tape to hold it in place as I worked.  I love the soft look this creates.  Next, I taped down the sentiment over the heart.  Black ink on a white background is easy to mess up so I worked slowly, adding a little ink at a time until I got the look I wanted.

TC Love You Stencil Card 2- Tessa Wise

To finish off this look, I splattered a bit of pearly mist over the card front.  Then I added my sprinkling of sequins- this time in gold and clear.  I again used my Teresa Collins’ Clear Hold Adhesive by Xyron to glue them down- you can see how nicely it dries under those clear sequins! 

Every card looks pretty with a little bit of bling!  I hope I've inspired you to add a sprinkling of jewels and sequins in your next project!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...