Monday, December 23, 2013

Santa Love - Santa's List by Leslie Ashe

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve everyone!


Leslie here to share a little Santa's List layout with you.

Here's My "Santa Love":
















I know some people either do or don't save scraps from previous
layouts, cards, projects. I sometimes and I mean SOMETIMES do.
A few months ago while creating CHA projects for Teresa Collins,
I decided whatever scraps I had left over I'd keep and see if I'd use later 
on anything I have planned for the year.
I'm SO glad I did. 
This background is the remnants of a layout you've seen recently by me, 
only you saw the circle. This is the negative of that...and turned on the
opposite side so it looks COMPLETELY different. 
(it's red/white polka dot on the previous side)

















I took some extra scraps I had cut (strips of paper, etc...)
and used them as my background matting. I layered each piece
and added some of the border strips from the Santa's List collection.

What's the most fun about my Santa Love layout (to me!) is 
I placed my photo of my husband and Santa on top of the file folder
so I could journal on the inside:

















I just recently purchased that reindeer punch and was DYING to use it.
Punching from some Teresa Collins Santa's List paper really made his stand
out, don't you think?

My touches for this layout are adding the twine to some of the cardstock
buttons, sequins & bits from the die cut sheet.


















Thanks for stopping by today. I know this time of the year is 
quiet busy with all the hustle and bustle of last minute Christmas 
festivities and shopping.  Enjoy every second!

When you get a chance - create and keep those scraps!
You never know when you'll need them :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...