Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days by Stacey Michaud


Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a layout that documents an annual family tradition, the arrival of our elf!  The little fellow's name is Dash and he is a member of our household for 25 days each year.

I remembered to document some of his best moments last year so I could scrap them using the Santa's List collection!


This base paper comes with the newsprint and scalloped edge.  I decided to work with the already fabulous design by building along the edges!  I placed my photos along the bottom edge, staggering my three pictures. 

When I design, I look for a way to balance my photos.  In this case, I went to the opposite side.  I used a journaling card along the left side and layered on top of it.  I used the die-cut banner and some chipboard.  To give it the last touch, I used some burlap twine in a chipboard button. 


I wanted some more green on the page, so I glued down a line of the sequins.  I love, love, love sequins!

For the rest of the page, I chose elements that worked with my ideas.  I went with the large, numerical title, using a die-cut ticket and black alphabet to mix it all up.  I also created a cluster along the bottom.  It started with the naughty or nice chipboard banner.  I figured it was perfect since the elf's job is to report back to Santa! 



I layered a different shape, using the circular Christmas die-cut and the chipboard star.  Try mixing up three different shapes and sizes in a cluster!

Be sure to record all of your annual traditions this year!  Grab several photos and create a balanced, detailed layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...