Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy to Love You by Stacey Michaud


Hi everyone!  I hope today finds you happy in the small moments!  I have a new page to share with you that incorporates graphic patterns and soft feminine details.  Much like the subjects in the photos.

My niece and daughter both have big personalities.  They give each other a run for their money.  I love the joy that is captured in these photos.  I wanted to layout to have a sense of playfulness, yet contain girlie details.  I used the new You are My Happy collection.

 
I decided to create a cluster of photos and elements with a background full of white space.  I wanted the pictures to pop so I used the pink paper in the background.  Then I mixed patterns.  I am talking chevron with zig zags with hearts and florals.  Can you imagine each pattern on a pillow?  Fantastic!
 
To balance out the graphic, straight-lined patterns, I added the pretty floral to the left of the photo.  That is from the new emphera packet!  I just love this package of goodies!  I also added the scalloped edge, gold foil along the top. 
 
 
 
 
To convey the theme of happiness and freedom, I incorporated the sequins around the page.  I purposefully placed them along the diagonal line to connect all the major elements of the page.
 
 

When searching for embellishments to finish a page, be sure to pick typography that supports your theme.  I spelled out a message with the XOXO & I love you! 

On your next page, try mixing graphic with soft and see what the results are!  I am sure they will make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...