Monday, July 1, 2013

Yvonne Blair and Cheri Piles Product Challenge using Memories Collection, the Assignment: Day Planners!


We decided to have a product challenge with two of the design team members using the Memories Collection. We wanted to show that although both are using the same product they can be so different based on your personal style. Both projects look so great!

PROJECT #1: CHERI PILES

Hey everyone! I was so excited to be a part of this challenge! I loved the idea of going up against one of my team mates to share and hopefully inspire you! I loved that Yvonne and I have created calendar/day planners using the same collection - MEMORIES, but each of our projects are very uniquely different! 

To create my book, I used the stitched notebook and file folders to create my base pages.
Each month/page I created a pocket using the decorative papers cut on a slight angle. I cut small doilies in half (from my stash!) then added them to the fronts of each of the pockets. For the "TABS" I used the filmstrip paper from the collection, I cut it into a strip then cut the numbers as I needed them for each month!! I think it looks so cool!!
I created Journal cards from the papers in the collections and added some manila tags so I can jot down notes as I need. I love texture and paint so yes, I did paint all of the edges of everything! I love how the bright white paint looks with this book!
To add the file folders from the collection, I cut them to fit the height then using washi tape as my adhesive I binded them to the stitched notebook. You can see how the filmstrip washi tape overlays the seam of the April page and the file folder I added. 
I love the pocket envelopes in the collections and I added one to the back of the file folder.
I loved decorating the manila tags with layers from the embellishments. 
Here is where I added another file folder, again using washi tape.


I added the largest envelope to the back page, this will be a great spot to save important receipts, etc. 

Thank you so much for looking!! I hope you are inspired by our product challenge today!


PROJECT # 2: YVONNE BLAIR

Hey everyone!  I was so excited to be a part of this little challenge.  So fun, I have been on the hunt for the perfect planner, looking everywhere really, and finally realized I was going to have to make my own. 
I really need something to help me keep my self focused and organized, wink.  
I wanted it to be very practical, one that I could really use and of course I wanted it to be pretty too, wink.  
So here is my take on this challenge.  
I started with a notebook that I found at Office Depot.  I liked that it had the fabric around the spirals.
The only touchy part was that my binding machines didn't line up with the binding.  I really wanted to use this so I decided to punch the holes individually with my crop-a-dile.  
Then I made a slit in each hole on the left side and now it will load and unload from the spiral. 
I wasn't sure at first, but I actually really like that I can pull the pages in and out if I need to.
 Here is the inside cover and my "dash board" so to speak.  Lovely little post it notes and flags to use throughout my day planner. I wanted to have a place to have a few of my favorites pics of the moment.  So, I cut a baseball card holder down and applied Decorative Tape to make it easier to punch the edge with the crop-a-dile.  I also covered the inside front cover and pocket.  Added a printout on important numbers to have just in case. 
 This is the front page of the monthly calendar section.  A year in a glance.  

Each month is printed as a two page layout.  I need bigger boxes to write in (not known for small handwriting, lol), places to write notes and what not.  The little "remember this" pennant circle is a handmade magnetic clip.  I just punched out the "remember this" with a 1 1/2" punch, adhered that to a piece of border strip.  Attached magnets to both sides and this clip will work now throughout the whole planner as my page marker.  
 Here is a little peak at the categories I felt I needed to include.  
Love the fact that everything is going to be in one spot! 
 Well, there you have it.  I hope you enjoyed my take on the day planner challenge! 
I am really excited to have this planner to start 2014 with.  I think I am going to add in the last half of this year.  I don't really think I can wait to use it! 
Have a great day and I will be back tomorrow with another fun little project! 
Hope to see you then.

I printed out the calendars from here.  


We hope this has inspired you to create. Have a happy monday everybody!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...