Happy New Years everyone!!
I have thought a lot about this project, I have envisioned it for months now. I just didn't really know what to do or how to start.... My own "self-talk" & fear of failure kept me from doing this sooner. I woke up the other day and said enough. I can and will do this, I want to try so badly, so I did it - I took a leap of faith.
I have to say a HUGE HUGE, THANK YOU to Sesil, I happened to call her as I was in route to buy my supplies and she was a huge help! So Thanks Sesil!!!
This was my first collage art piece. I used all 9 papers from the Now & Then collection. Can you find them? Each piece of paper is represented in one form or another. It's very whimsical and fun!
I love this quote from the die cut banners, I just cut the words out and adhered them.
This is my second piece - you can see I'm starting to get the hang of it, it's not perfect by any means but I LOVE this one the most! It is so inspirational!
Another quote, and it's so true!! I am going to frame this and put it on my desk... I have big plans for this year!!!
This is my third piece, it is using the Vintage Finds Collection. I really wanted you to see this in the frame. It MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world to frame these! Wouldn't you agree??
I can never get enough of these flowers layered on one another, I cut them out from the "flowers" paper. I did not glue them "into" the project, I wanted to see what it would look like as a 3-D effect.
What I learned:
- Never not try something new no matter how much it might intimidate you - give yourself a chance to grow. You can see that just after a few tries I am starting to get the hang of the very basics of collage art.
- Go with the flow and use papers that YOU love and that inspire YOU! When you are inspired, your art will reflect it.
- Different mediums may change or alter the hue's of the paper. Project #2 really is bright in real life!!
- Gesso allows you to have a Do-over, lol!!
What I used besides papers from the Now & Then, Tell Your Story and Vintage Finds Collections:
- 8x10 Canvas
- Gesso - Acrylic, Opaque, Matte, Medium fluid (from the back of the bottle) - I painted this on top of the canvas to give the paint something to stick to.
- Slow Dry blending gel medium - I mixed this with my paint on project #1 & #2. I also used it as a "mod-podge" to apply the layers and over them.
- black pen - I like the look of outlining some of the pieces of paper.
I hope this inspires you to try something fun and new!