Hello and happy Monday to you!
Rachel McAffee here and I'd like to show you a holiday project I've been working on.
A tussie mussie can be fun alternative to a Christmas stocking or they can be a beautiful decoration to hang in your home for the holidays. They're also fairly simply to make, so let's get started!
1.Take the top two corners of your 12x12 sheet of paper and bring the points together. This will automatically form your cone for the tussie mussie.
2. Run adhesive or glue down the seam of the cone, carefully overlap and press together. You could use a paper clip or clothes pin to hold it together until it dries.
3. You're going to have a leftover 'tail', you'll just need to trim off that excess paper.
4. Wrap tissue garland around the top edge of the cone.
5. Using adhesive, attach a border strip on top of the tissue garland.
6. Punch holes on both sides of the cone, thread tinsel through to make the handle and tie knots to keep the tinsel in place.
The cone is now finished!
To make the rosette, you'll cut a strip of paper about 2" inches tall and 8" long.
Accordion fold the strip of paper like a fan, bend one section in, the other one out, all the way down the length of the paper.
Glue the ends together by tucking the last section under the first.
Gather the rosette together and press down with a finger in the middle.
Turn the rosette over and place glue on the back center of the rosette, place a small circle of paper over the glue and hold down until it is dry.
Glue the rosette to the front of the tussie mussie and let dry.
Now for the fun part....embellishments!
I attached a rhinestone medallion on top of the rosette and tucked a bit of tinsel and a banner piece from the Christmas Cottage Accessory Sheet behind the medallion. I also adhered a chipboard piece and sticker to the front of the rosette.
Now you'll simply fill your cone with whatever you wish! I rolled a leftover scrap of music paper from the Christmas Cottage collection and tied it with ribbon and bakers twine.
I also tucked in a vintage photo of a cute little girl all bundled up for winter, a couple bottle brush trees and a silver Christmas sprig I had on hand.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a creative day!
~ All supplies used are from the Christmas Cottage Collection ~
1 sheet of 12x12 Red Damask pattern paper
Strip of Music paper