Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Story Layout by Stacey Michaud


I am a big believer in using scrapbooking as a means to tell your stories, heal your wounds, celebrate your joys...and to give meaning to all those photos!  My sisters and I recently took some photos together.  My husband simply shot the camera without thinking, which resulted in some cool shots.  I love the one featured on this layout as it showcases a natural moment between us all.

When it came time to scrap it, I wanted to be able to express how much we mean to each other.  As such, the design was meant to be simple.  Here is what I came up with.


I am really into triangles right now.  I created this custom pattern using several of them.  To make my triangles, I simply start with my square punch.  I then cut each square in half.  It is so easy, yet effective when it comes time to dress up the layout!


I used a variety of patterns, yet kept to the same color scheme.  I wanted to add interest without it being too busy.

I used the Fabrications collection to create this layout including the papers, chipboard and brads.  I also incorporated one of the stamps.  It is actually bigger than what you see here and it meant to be a photo corner.  However, I wanted to stick with triangles so I only inked a portion of mine.  Then I stamped in a couple of places.  I wanted the effect to be subtle.  I finished off the triangles by making some with a pen.


Then I told the story.  It is a personal one.  It is one that needed a quiet space with a few meaningful details.




3 comments:

  1. I love the clean design & those triangles... you inspired me to try using some on a project this week

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...