Hi everyone! The sun is well and truly shining here in the UK this week. It's unseasonably warm. I've fired up the BBQ, read books in the garden and switched my scarves for sunglasses and it's only March! As I've been bitten by the spring 'feel-good' bug, I have been having fun playing with the Spring Fling line!
My first creation is a little table decoration made from some simple loops of patterned paper and a few dabs of glue. It's this simple:
1. Cut some 1/2" wide strips of patterned paper.
2.Trim them to various lengths (ranging from about 4" to 7").
3. Loop them over and glue the ends together to form a teardrop shape.
4. Cluster them by adhering them together at the narrow end, adding more loops in between ones you have already glued.
Once I was happy with the arrangement I sandwiched the 'root' end of my paper tree between 2 thin pieces of craft wood with a hot glue gun, so that it stood upright by itself. Simple!
Soon it will be wedding season and my second project is some little bags of confetti ready for those summer weddings!
Again, super simple to make...
1. Punch a whole ton of shapes. I chose teeny tiny butterflies, but you could use anything :)
2. Fill some glassine bags with your punched shapes.
3. Using die cuts, papers, gems, or anything else you have handy, make a decorative topper for the bags.
4. Glue, stitch or staple the toppers on to seal your bags.
I love the happy colours of the Spring Fling line! I hope they brighten your Wednesday, too :)