Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Idea by Stacey Michaud


So, I posted a few days ago about using bold pops on a page and how it can make an impact!  Well, the word "bold" found its way into my thoughts.  I couldn't help but to repeat that word and dream up other ideas based on it.  Call it a game of association.

I found myself thinking of the word when I went to scrap the photo on the layout below.  It is of my daughter wearing a full purple outfit...head to toe, boots and all.  I am no Rachel Zoe, but I would say that a little contrast or neutral would do her good. I will be forgiving though, since she is only five.

She didn't think twice of wearing all that purple, a hue that makes a statement.  Never mind that one piece of said clothing is a fluffy tutu.  We went to the grocery store and Target.  She pranced around BOLDLY, with confidence.  She wore it well.

I knew the layout for this photo should be bold as well.  Hence, the title.  I am in love with the purple in the Fabrications collection.  I had to use little pops to compliment her outfit.


It is an easy design to recreate.  I used a cream cardstock as a neutral base.  I added the thick purple strip along the side.  A smaller strip of blue and the block of the floral add layers.  I topped it with the scalloped border from the die-cuts. 

Here are the details for creating the title cluster:


I placed a tag die-cut under the strips and placed the ornate circle on top to match the circles along the right side of the layout.  Another die-cut border gives the title a resting place.

I wanted to add some whimsy and fun along the side so I went with circles.  I simply punched a bunch of different sized circles and mixed in some of Teresa's die-cut circles.  I layered that heart and the phrase sticker.  To finish it off, I placed several pieces of bling.


Finally, for one more detail, I added the photo corner.  It visually stops the circles and keeps the eye near the title and words.  I created the photo corner myself.  To see how, look below.


I wanted a layout to match the tones and feel of my daughter's outfit.  I wanted patterns as bold and vibrant as she is!

I wonder where that word will bring me next...


4 comments:

  1. I have read this post. collection of post is a nice one ..that am doing website designing company chennai india and website development company chennai india. That I will inform about your post to my friends and all the best for your future posts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the idea on photo corners its great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...