Friday, March 23, 2012

31 Days of Lists with Julie Jacob


Hey there...I want to share a fun project I've been working on all month.
I signed up to take 30 Days of Lists...a super fun, super affordable month-long project. Each day a prompt for that day's list is emailed to me...then I make my list and add it to my little book.

I should start off by saying I LOVE to make lists. Always have. :)
I so look forward to those prompts each morning.
I began by making my list book. I found an old, hardback copy of Mutiny on the Bounty at the Thrift Store:

Since March has 31 days...I decided my book would have 31 lists, even though the class is 30 Days of Lists. I'm just an on the edge kind of girl like that.
Turns out Mutiny on the Bounty has more than 31 pages to it. Huh.
I tore out pages (and saved them), and glue sticked pages together until I had 31 sections of pages...make sense?

On the right hand side of each page, I adhered various papers. I used lots of scraps for this. I love using scraps. Makes me feel all justified for keeping them.
Here's my book cover after I dooded it up a little:
You can see all my previous pages/lists on my blog...but here is the last one I completed:

If I had an extra hour, I would....
get more laundry done, take a nap, get more errands run, read more, make more stuff, have wonderful hot meals prepared each night, take a nap, walk on the treadmill faithfully, dust? probably not, take a nap.

For these pages I used:
Fabrications Canvas - Yellow Flower paper
Everyday Moments - Flying Bees paper (for typed journaling strips)
Fabrications Canvas 8x8 pad - blue pennant paper on left side of book
Fabrications Canvas - Stamps (clock), Brads (time), Die Cuts (for the date)
Fabrications Linen - metal key
Letter Stickers - from Notations kit
Antique Dictionary Page for heart - Bazzill
Heart Punch - Recollections, butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Fabric tape - 7 Gypsies
Small alphabet stamps, date stamp - Ink (Tsukineko)
Ledger paper - Making Memories
Linen fabric - for tab at top
Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz
Coffee sleeve - for corrugated butterfly

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I'm looking at my book case right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic project.... I love doing altered books thanks to Dedra Long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are so fun and cute!! It will be fun to look back in a few years to see what was going on this month of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE your book, but you already know that! :)
    you are awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project, such as great idea. Am thinking of doing one myself for April, seeing as its my birthday month would be nice for something to look back on in years to come :D.
    Were each days lists titles based on the emails that you got each day??
    Do you have a list of all the 'list titles' would be great to use to make my one. I don't have a Blog right now so in the future it would be something I would def look at doing on my blog & ask for followers to send me there 'list titles' think it would be great to do for April each year & can then see what's changed over the years ;D.
    Brill idea & design work
    TTFN
    X O X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute book Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, did 30 Lists and loved it! And just recently did a post about a reconstructed book, but will have to try your technique as well. Just awesome. Found you from Scrappy Jedi's Friday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...