My project today is a gift for a friend! Her daughter recently got married and I had run across this cute photo of them I had taken at the wedding, so I decided to get creative with Teresa's new Fabrications: Linen line. This frame measures 13 X 13" and has a 12X 12 opening, perfect for a scrapbook page!
Fabrications Linen papers: Red Quatrefoil, Green Brocade (black side), Red Flowers (red side), Green Fleur de Lis (black side), Ornate Brackets and Die Cuts
Fabrications Linen: stickers
Fabrications Linen: decorative brads
White cardstock: Office Max
Black Cardstock: Hobby Lobby
Fabrications Canvas "trinkets"
Teresa Collins Blingage: Carol's clocks, Amy's gems, Donna's gems
Black Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Black chalk Ink: Quick Quotes
Adhesives: Bazzill Marathon runner, 3D dots by Close to My Heart, and Glossy Accents by Ranger
Here's how I made this piece:
1. The base is a 12x12 sheet of Fabrications Linen
2. Cut a 9 1/4" square of black cardstock and a 9" square of white cardstock. Place the white on top of the black to mat it.
3. The inner squares can be YOUR choice of papers.
The squares are cut to 2 1/2" squares. I used 5 patterned paper ones and 2 black. One of the black ones is the mat behind my photo. I distressed all the squares with black chalk ink.
4. To make my red layered flower, I cut 4 graduated sizes of circles (free hand) and the largest one is 2 1/2" in diameter. After cutting, I bend the edges in and chalked them with black ink to add distressing.
Stack them and the center is a brad that holds them together.
5. The last circle is a die cut from the die cut sheet that I added a blingage jewel to.
6. For embellishing one of the red squares, I used black cardstock to free hand cut a heart. It is glued to the left side and then add a flourish die cut with 3D dots.
7. For the clock, I punched 2 small holes toward the top center and tied a black ribbon thru it to tie the clock to.
8. The Trinkets accent one of my squares on opposite corners.
9. I used a row of black gems to accent one of the patterned squares.
10. To assemble- I started by placing the 4 corner squares first and then spacing the rest of the pieces equal distances apart. I popped 3 of the squares up with 3D dots to create different levels and dimension
11. Add stickers and die cuts to YOUR liking!
Place in the frame and YOU have a lovely home decor item!!!
This was a very fun and quick project and it will be a cherished gift!!