Saturday, February 18, 2012

Easy Breezy Design by: Stacey Michaud


As my kids grow older and work becomes more demanding, I find there is less time to scrap.  How do I still carve out an hour to create and continue to love it?  Using Teresa's lines helps me to achieve that.  The die-cuts and stickers allow for an easy breezy design.

I love the cluster them together, creating a layered look.  I took a turn away from that with the layout below. Instead of extreme layering, I spread them out.  I love the design elements it uses and the effect it makes.


I still layered the title die-cut and rose, but placed the others below and to the side.  Even the circle at the top is meant to be a part of that grouping!  What is even more easy-breezy?  The artisan die cut serves as my title, eliminating the need to belabor over one on the page elements.

I love the solids in the new Fabrications lines and used the yellow one as my base.  The easy breezy part is further reinforced as a simply matted my photo on the blue rectangle.  Then I cut stripes no longer that 3 inches wide and about 9 inches long.  Those were layered to ground my photo.  Along the top, I used a thicker strip of photo that goes all the way across, as well as the cute scalloped sticker.  To finish it off, I place the brad and wrapped it with some twine from the Haunted Hallows collection.  I usually use a touch of liquid glue to secure my twine in the shape I want.
I hope you pull out some Teresa Collins products and have an easy breezy time creating!









Stacey's Blog: http://staceymichaud.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty page Stacey. The beautiful photo of you & your happy kids. Even when you are trying to be "easy" and whip up a quick page you pay such attention to detail that is inspires me every time. Thanks for talents & thought process behind the design

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute picture & i love the soft colours of the page xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...