Monday, January 30, 2012

2 page layout with Carolina Breeze "Vintage Style" by Colette


Today I want to share a layout I made with "Carolina Breeze".  I think the papers in this line are very versatile and they worked so well with these photos I took of my daughter.  We have a collection of Vintage cameras at my house- and this particular one- I actually spray-painted BLUE!  This camera was not in the BEST condition when I bought it at a second hand store - so with a little coat of paint and some damask stickers-- it is all "Fixed up".  

Along with the Carolina Breeze papers -- I also used the alphabet stickers from the "Notations Album" - another of Teresa's lines.  Since the story was about the camera -- I made a flower with Tim Holtz "film strip ribbon".  Here's how I made the flower:

I cut  4 strips of the film -which is made of acetate.  The strips measured about 8 inches long.  I folded them over to create loops and stapled them in the center.  After doing this to all 4 strips,  I piled them on top of each other to create a flower.  The center of the flower is held together with a Bling BRAD. 
I used the film strip to make the stem of the flower and also as borders to my photo.  
Have a delightful day making memories!








3 comments:

  1. LOVE the film strip flower!!! It's perfect with Carolina Breeze (which I also love and am starting to look for coordinating products to use on the card sets I'll be making with it!) Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!! simple amazing! THanks for sharing Colette.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...