Thursday, December 15, 2011

This Holiday Season: Stacey Michaud


What are you creating this holiday season?  Are you working on a December Daily?  Making your own holiday cards?  Inventing Home Decor items?  I don't know about you, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the holiday hubbub!  I think a healthy break does wonders for the spirit so today I am sharing a non-holiday layout!  If it helps, it does feature the best gifts of all...my family!

To take the designing pressure off and just be creative, I was inspired by an image from Pinterest!



I was so drawn to this image...the monochromatic colors, the textures, the burlap.  I love the hints of color.  Lastly, the layered rectangles got me thinking.  So I made this layout:




I used the World Traveler collection here...gosh I adore that red grid paper!  This layout is easy to recreate...just use a variety of different sized rectangles and layer away!  The maps add enough of that monochromatic feel and I decided to get my color pop from the red!

To add texture, I added the tulle trim.  Finally, I like how Teresa's brads finish everything off and give a bit of shine!  I put my brads to work, serving as a flag marker and a tag holder!


This holiday season, don't be afraid to take a break and dive into another topic!  You might find it to be just the refresher you need!

Happy creating!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...