Monday, September 1, 2014

Quick and Easy Cards by Yvonne Blair

Hi everyone! 

Glad to be back and this time I am here with some quick and easy cards. 
Teresa's designs make it so easy to put things together and these are no exceptions. 
I used the "cards" Nine and Co. paper. 
It has a bunch of 3 x 4 cards already designed so all you have to do is cut them apart. 
I also used the overlays, some sequins, One of the file folders I had left over from another project and a couple pieces out of the ephemera pack. 
 This one is made using the file folder.  I just cut it down to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. 
This made a perfect A2 size card and I even have more of the folder left over to use for something else. 
I then used part of an overlay to add some GOLD and interest.  
Adhered one of the 3 x 4 cards on top, ties some seem binding, added a few sequins and there you have it! An easy peasy card that you can make in a pinch or have on hand. 
 The one below, I ran a piece of cardstock through my Cut'n'boss using 
Teresa's Decor Circles.  My card base size is A2 so I cut that embossed piece to 4 x 5 1/4. 
Adhered it to the card base.  Then I adhered part of a doily to the left over overlay from the above card and a decorative piece out of the ephemera pack.  I then adhered that down, using the doily to hide the adhesive to the card. Added a couple of pennants from the Chipboard embellishments, tied some seem binding and another card done! Oh...I almost forgot, I used the 'hello there' from Terese's new journal snippets from her signature essentials line. Put a cute little brad to highlight it and then done, wink. 

 For the last card I used another overlay. I cut it down to 4 x 5 1/4, adhered the butterfly and the 'smile always' to the top of the overlay.  The 'smile always' was fussy cut from one of the 3 x 4 cards. 
Then tied a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the overlay.
Before I adhered the overlay I attached two doilies to the card foundation itself.  I then adhered the overlay on top.  It really makes a nice dimensional card that is not to thick to put through the mail. 

 Hope you enjoyed these quick and easy cards.  I don't know about you but I am always caught off guard with the need for a card.  Now I am building a stash of them.  I won't be caught off guard again, wink.  
Hope you have a wonderful week....see you next time! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Berii...they were fun to make!

      Delete
  2. They are all so beautiful, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so inspiring!

    Thanks for sharing Yvonne!

    Team Craftwell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...