Monday, September 15, 2014

Gratitude Box by Yvonne Blair

 Hello everyone! 

I'm back to day to share something near and dear to my heart. 
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. 
It is a time when family and friends come together, enjoy the day and share time together. 
It is a day of THANKS.  
It is a day of GRATITUDE.
These are things we need to focus on all through the year, not just on Thanksgiving. 
I really want our family to focus on being grateful and remember to be thankful for all of our blessings. 
We are just like everyone else...struggles, difficult times and tragedies happen. 
BUT, even though those times there is always a blessing to be found. 
So this year I decided we are going to have a "gratitude" box. 
I found the box at one of the big box craft stores.
It wasn't really what I wanted or needed it to be. 
As many of you know...I love to make things my own..re purpose or simply make it my own. 
This box was no exception. 
I started by measuring the box.
I then cut some of Life Emporiums paper to size.  I did make it about an 1/8 of an inch smaller so it would have a nice border from the black paint already on the box. 

 I used my Teresa Collins Mega runner from Xyron to adhere all the paper strips to the box. 
It really is super strong adhesive and is holding the paper perfectly! 
I then fussy cut some of the flowers from one one of the design papers, and pulled one page of the flip piece that is in the Decorative Folder package. 
Adhered those using a combination of the TC Mega Runner and Foam squares. 
 I had these lovely corner pieces that were actually Silver...but I wanted them GOLD...so I painted the using the Gold Adirondack dabber paint. It is the perfect color and is permanent on the metal! 
 Above is a view of the top of the box.
Below is the inside.  I put a message in there from the cut out design paper, popped it with more foam squares and added some of the wood sticky dots from Nine and Co. 
 I also have cut up a bunch of pieces of the ledger paper...one for each member of the family. 
We will write our gratitude on these papers and leave them in the box.  
My plan is to do this for as many years to come as possible. 
We will make this a tradition! 
 Here are some other views...just so you can see the dimension.  
So...I hope this has inspired you to create something special for your family! 
This will be left out throughout the month of November so we can open the box and take a moment to be thankful and count our blessings! 
I hope you enjoyed! Till next time....
You can see other things I make at www.yvonneblair.com


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...