Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Something Wonderful Cards by Tessa Wise

I have two cards to share with you today featuring the Something Wonderful collection.  I just love this collection!  I used the 6x6 paper pad, the Cards Paper 12x12 patterned paper and a few embellishments to create these cards:



I started this birthday card by embossing the front of my white cardbase with the Teresa Collins for Craftwell herringbone embossing folder.  Then I cut 1" strips of a few patterns from the Something Wonderful 6x6 paper pad and adhered them to the center of the card front.  I overlapped them to create a layered look.
The notes panel comes from the Cards Paper 12x12 sheet.  I trimmed it out and added a bit of yellow twine around the top.  Before I finished tying the bow, I added the camera tag from the Something Wonderful ephemera pack.  I added a border sticker to the bottom of the panel and adhered it to the card using foam adhesive. 


The journaling label also comes from the Something Wonderful ephemera pack.  I added my sentiment with sticker letters from the Alpha and Label sticker sheet and then added it to my card to finish it off.

I love the paint chip card from the 12x12 Cards Paper sheet and was inspired by it to make this next card with it:


I started with a light blue card base and added a panel of the newsprint pattern from the Something Wonderful 6x6 pad.  I added the striped border sticker to the bottom edge.
I cut the paint chip card into a banner tag shape and added the fun circle sticker to the top, cutting off the excess.  I punched a hole to complete the tag look.  I added the yellow twine next, finishing it in a bow and then added the punched embellishment and brads from the decorative brads pack.  Last, I added my sentiment, another sticker from the Something Wonderful Alpha and Labels sticker sheet.


I love how the Cards Paper 12x12 sheet works so well on cards! :)  Yes, they are made to be journaling cards but boy do they make cute focal points for greeting cards, too!  Thanks for joining me today!

-Tessa Wise

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...