Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy & by Stacey Michaud

I love to use large, repeating elements on a page, especially ones that are eye-catching.  I like to look for such elements right within the papers I am working with.  So when I was playing with the Something Wonderful collection, I was immediately drawn to the ampersand.  There are several within the collection and I decided to make them a major focal point!


 
I cut the large & from one of the sheets of paper called Cards.  I placed it to the left of my page along the bottom.  I also grabbed the chipboard ampersand that is much smaller and placed it near the large one.  I added the sequin stars (squeal, don't you just love them!) and the Something Wonderful chipboard banner topped off with a button.  I like how it created a random cluster that creates a rounded edge.
 
 
To create the top of the page, I added layered several papers.  I placed the white paper with the circles on top of the grid paper, making it have a monochromatic feel.  I cut the Bingo card from the sheet of paper named Bingo and placed it under my photo right along the edge of the page.  I placed the colorful blocks paper across the top because it adds a lot of color and grounds the entire page.  I like to use repeated elements in groups of three.  I placed the last & right near my photo to make the eye travel to that exact spot.  I topped it off with a brad and sticker, adding one last sequin star level with our eyes.  Those little tricks keep the photo the main star of the page.
 

 
Such a great collection!  Have you seen Teresa's newest releases for Summer 2014....they are stunning!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...