Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Story Seekers by Stacey Michaud


I love to share our daily stories via scrapbook pages.  Today, I am sharing an everyday life page that features the Daily Stories collection.  It is about my son's love for reading.  That boy always has a book, or three, with him. 

I started with an Instagram photo and built a page from there.

 
To make this page, I started with the ledger paper base.  I build my layouts from the photo out after I decide on a base.  I grabbed the Notes card and the Currently card, layering them with the picture.  I like how it gave the photo a home.  I then added the tan circles paper to add some subtle color.  Whenever I use a strong horizontal piece of paper, I like to frame it with smaller strips along the bottom and top of the rectangle.  I added the chipboard Jan-June border right near my son's face so it draw you in.
 
 
Then I started adding small touches.  I placed down the chipboard arrow and then built an arrow of my own with the wood veneer piece and the two enamel dots.  I hand cut the Picture This saying and place pop dots underneath. 
 
 
I used the large Story chipboard letters to build my title.  The wood veneer star gives the title a starting point.  I used my Xyron Clear Hold Adhesive to place my star down.  I just got this TC and Xyron product and I am in love!  I added a small banner from the brad package along the top right of the tan rectangle and journaled right on top.
 
Creating clean and simple layouts is super fun and easy when using Teresa's products!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...