Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Daily Stories Meets Stencils Cards by Tessa Wise

Hello!


Today I have two cards using the Daily Stories collection to share.  I've used some goodies from the Basically Essential line as well- the stencils and modeling paste are so fun to use!

For this first one, I used a background stencil from Basically Essential Stencils pack #2 on my soft blue card base:

Happy Tag Card 2

To get a clean, even look, I taped my stencil down around my card base before adding the modeling paste.  I added the paste using one of the pallet knives and scraped away the excess before lifting the stencil.  To keep my stencils clean, I wash it right away with a little warm water.

Happy Tag Card 4

Once the paste was dry, I added a wide strip of the hearts patterned paper (Currently) to the center and a banner strip of the gray striped paper (Butterflies) to the top.  I cut the large tag from the journaling card paper (Remember) and added it to the card front with dimensional foam dots.  I added just a bit of twine and a pretty chipboard button to finish off the look.

My second card also features a stenciled element.  This time I used the modeling paste to create a special sentiment:

I Love You Card 1

I started with a white card base for this one.  I taped the stencil (Basically Essential Stencil Pack #3) into position so my sentiment would be in the lower right corner of the card front.  I added the modeling paste, spreading it out carefully over the word love.  After removing the excess paste, I peeled up the stencil and let it dry.  After I washed my stencil off I added it back over the top of the word love and inked over it with peachy ink.  You don't have to worry about a mess when you do it this way!

I Love You Card 3

Once the word love was colored, I added a bit of washi tape to the bottom edge and stamped the butterflies in coordinating colors.  I splattered the card with shimmery mist and then added the sequins and letter stickers to finish it off.

These were so fun to make!  Any time I pull out the Basically Essential modeling paste and stencils I have fun! :)

Thanks for joining me today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...