Wednesday, March 12, 2014

1st Day Snapshots by Stacey Michaud

Today I am sharing a layout with you that I created based on a sketch by Allison Davis for Scrapbook Generations.  A great sketch led to a layout that uses a grid effect layered with many pretty embellishments.



I used several journaling cards and tags to construct my grid.  It was relatively easy as the cards are all the same size.  I did add in some 6X6 paper that I cut down to match the size of the cards.  I overlapped a tag in the top middle row to add some height and
draw the eye to that spot.


Once the base of the grid was constructed, I started to add those little details.  I placed my photo on a diagonal to combat all the straight edges.  I layered the wood veneer speech bubble because it has so much dimension.  To go along with an element from the sketch, I added the banner cluster along the left of the grid.  I used a die cut, stickers and a brad.  I love to layer small elements like the sequins.


I took advantage of the lined paper on the tag and placed my journaling there.  I also used two pieces of chipboard.  I like to add dimension and the most interest right near my photo to make a focal point.

This page reminds me of a Project Life spread of sorts!  You can get a feel for how the cards can be embellished to make them unique.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...