Monday, December 9, 2013

Negative 40 - You Are My Happy Layout by Leslie Ashe

Good Monday morning everyone!

Leslie here to share with you a layout I made using
one of my favorite new lines:  You Are My Happy.

I used to be so hard on myself when scrapbooking my
OWN self. Why that is? I don't know...you know that
my future generation is going to wonder things. How best to
show them by sharing things about me myself that some
people in my close knit family may not know.

I finally decided - it's time to do more of me.

Especially during this milestone accomplishment I'm quite
proud of. I've recently lost 40 lbs. I'm doing Weight Watchers
and LOVE it. I am so happy with my outcome so far.
While I have just a bit more to go, I decided now is a good
time to get that part of me on paper.

Here's what I did.




















This layout was SO easy to do.
All I used as my background was cardstock and...
 border strips from You Are My Happy.

After I adhered my strips, I simply placed my photos
(one on the left is me right now, the other is of a saying
I found, saved and printed.)
onto one of the You Are My Happy file folders and
adhered directly to my  page.

I added the "hello my name is" die cut just under
and the heart tag just under that. I tied my bow using jute.


















I cut a flower die cut in half and placed the top half above the
"Hello My Name Is" die cut and the last one at the bottom of my page.

another favorite thing I LOVE to do is cluster embellishments together.
You can see at the bottom right of my page I did that. I clustered my title
(a negative sign and a 4 die cut, with the xoxo die cut as my "0", a heart die cut,
some stickers, buttons and sequins)



I drew lines for my journaling and then added chipboard banners as well
as small tidbits before I wrote out my journaling - which reads:
"Down 40 lbs as of 12/13!! Yay! When I saw this quote I had to save it to use
next to my new milestone.  I have more to go, but honestly? -40 is a HUGE step.
I'm happy. Content. Determined."

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I've inspired you!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...