Wednesday, September 18, 2013

True Love by Stacey Michaud

I have true love for each of Teresa's summer releases!  My two favorite collections are Family Stories and Memorabilia because there is so much versatility.  Today, I am sharing a page that usesMemorabilia.  I am drawn to the chalkboard backgrounds.  

 
I used vibrant photos up against the black background.  They really pop off the page.  I wanted to make that gorgeous chipboard artisan border a star on this page.  It is really one long piece, but I cut it along the curve using heavy duty scissors. Don't be afraid to cut your chipboard to suit your needs. I layered the two pieces of the border one on top of the other, staggering the two.  I love how it is really feminine and regal...like my daughter in these photos.
 
 
 
I also layered a die-cut and button right under the photo.  The pretty pin is adhered to the bottom of the button with a foam square. 

I kept the rest of the design simple so that my photo and the border stood out.  Simply placing a border along the top and then repeating the white and yellow combination under it balances the rest of the layout without making it too busy.

This chalkboard paper is enhanced by the touches of yellow and blue.  It is very charming.  Check it out...I know you will feel the same!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...