Thursday, August 22, 2013

Our Story Layout by Dedra Long using Family Stories Collection

Hey everyone! If you really want to document some of your Family Stories then this collection will deliver. This family themed collection is jammed packed with all of the phrases, quotes and the perfect color scheme to document everyone in your family or in my case my whole family at once. This layout was all about our family and my perspective of my husband and our girls.


I loved all of the papers in this collection and I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to get as many papers as I could on this layout. I also wanted to add some movement, or interest into the mix. I gathered all of the papers together and started moving them around to see what sort of combination I liked. Once I firgured out what sheets I wanted and in what order looked good I cut them into wave pieces and started layering them. The woodgrain sheet below was missing something so I added a cardstock sticker to break it up a little. I framed the patterned papers and the photo with white cardstock to give some definition to those elements.


When I was taping the wave cut pieces down I only taped the top of them so I could layer the chipboard flowers underneath one of the pieces.


To finish this layout I added clusters of layered stickers and brads and stamped in black to give a grounded feeling.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...