Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mixing and matching collections - Far & Away and He Said, She Said by Amanda

Our family recently went on a mini-vacation and although we stayed away, we weren't too far from home. I wanted to use some travel product from Far and Away but as we didn't go far I wanted the theme to be more focused on summer fun. I decided to use a few pieces from the Far and Away line and mix them with the fun colors in the He Said, She Said line.


I cut out a few phrases and journaling spots from the Far and Away papers, along with the portion of the map paper which shows the UK. I arranged them with my photos to create a block in the centre of my page. For some pops of colour I layered up some die-cut flowers from He Said, She Said and arranged them with some brads around the central block.


Lastly I added a strip of patterned paper along the top and bottom of the layout, with the awesome arrow striped washi tape peeking out from underneath. I love how versatile this travel line is - the neutral colours in the papers mean you can dress it up with almost anything to perfectly suit your trip!

Have you been mixing Teresa's collections? We'd love to see your layouts, don't forget to post your projects on our Facebook page and you could be featured here on the blog!

Happy scrapping!
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...