Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Background Techniques with Decorative Tape by Tessa Wise

Hello!

Today I want to share some cards I created using one of my favorite products, Decorative Tapes!  I love them!  For these cards, I mixed and matched the tapes from all the winter and spring lines- they work so well together!  Here is my first card:


I created a layered look with the tapes on this one.  I layered one piece horizontal then one vertical, ect. until I filled the background up with washi.  Layering them like this gives it sort of a woven look.  I stamped a sentiment on a circle punched out of one of the fun patterns from the Stationery Noted line.  I added a couple decorative brads from the He Said She Said line along with a bit of linen thread tied in a bow to finish off the look.


This technique looks great as a scrapbook layout background, too!

For my next card, I pinched bits of the washi as I layed it down to create a tabby textured background:


I varied the placement of my tabs as I worked but kept them all the same size.  To finish this one off, I punched another circle out of the same patterned paper and added a bit of the red tape.  I added the chipboard sentiment next and then a couple of brads, all from the He Said She Said line.  I wrapped the card with a bit of linen thread and added the circle on top of it.


Don't you love that saying?  I couldn't help but us it!

For my last card, I used the mosaic technique, cutting off bits of the tape with my scissors.  The scissors give it a straight edge that resembles tiles:


I stamped my sentiment on the patterned paper from the Stationery Noted line and then embellished it with a die cut banner, a chipboard banner, and a few black epoxy dots.  I finished off this look with my linen thread tied in a bow over the banners.


Don't you love how all the tapes look together?  The collections all work so well with each other!

Since these cards are all about the techniques, I thought I'd make a quick video for you visual learners! :)  Bear with me though- I'm a beginner videographer...


I hope I've inspired you to reach for your decorative tapes the next time you want to try a fun background technique!

Supplies Used:

Teresa Collins Designs:
Stationery Noted 6x6 Designer Pad, Stationery Noted Epoxy Dots, He Said She Said- She Said Decorative Brads, He Said She Said- She Said Die Cut Accessories, He Said She Said- She Said Chipboard Elements, He Said She Said- She Said Decorative Tape, He Said She Said- He Said Decorative Tapes, Stationery Noted Decorative Tapes, Far and Away Decorative Tapes, Memories Decorative Tape, Summer Stories Decorative Tape
Other:
Sentiment stamps, ink, cardstock, circle punch, linen thread by Stampin' Up!; Mists by Studio Calico

Thanks for joining me today!

5 comments:

  1. I love your cards Tessa! Very creative!! Your video is great! Good job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and use of decorative tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and video Tessa! I really can't pick a favorite here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you I love those backgrounds I can see using them on so many projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cool cards Tessa! You did some awesome stuff with wash:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...