Monday, March 4, 2013

Easter Party Decor by Stacey Michaud & winner from last week!


Hi everyone!  I love to create my own party decorations using my scrapbooking supplies.  It is an easy way to use up your stash and add creative, special touches to any event.

Today, I am sharing some Easter party decorations with you.  I love to set a pretty table and these goodies will help me achieve that while helping me stick to a budget.

To add a lovely touch to each plate, I made several paper cones.  I used a combination of collections, but focused mainly on Sweet Afternoon since the pastels really match my party.


I placed pink shredded paper in each cone and added some candy.  These cones were easily to make.  I started with a 6X6 square and turned it on a diagonal.  Then, holding onto the bottom cone, I rolled the right hand side in.  I added adhesive and then rolled the left hand side, adjusting until I had a cone.  Since the paper is heavy, I used dabs of liquid glue to secure it.


Each cone received different treatment.  I used brad, chipboard, die-cuts and buttons to decorate.  A little goes a long way!  I tied each one off with burlap trim from Tell Your Story as it adds a natural touch.



See the table centerpiece behind that cone?  It was super easy to achieve using washi tape, ribbon and a button.


I grabbed my metal container from Ikea and wrapped a piece of color coordinated washi tape (Tell Your Story) around the top.  I then tied the pretty cream ribbon around and placed a button in the center!

You can make these party decorations using any of Teresa's beautiful collections.  Imagine a bon voyage theme using Far and Away?  My daughter saw the cones and squealed!  Guess I will be making some for her April birthday party!

Happy decorating!

Congratulations to our WINNER from Last Week's Drawing : 

Celeste B.


Please email Sesil your information at sesil@teresacollinsdesigns.com.



11 comments:

  1. I love the cones, so pretty! Congrats, Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think this would make a great baby shower or wedding shower decoration as well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love the cones and can be used for party favours for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute i am going to have to make some, my DD may love to as well! Thanks for the pretty inpiration to decorate for spring/Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are so beautiful! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely ideas for Easter table decorations! I especially love the cone w/ the paper grass (and of course the candy eggs!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These decorations are just the cutest and so fun. Love the colors so fun and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so cute i might do some for Easter! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...