Monday, March 25, 2013

A Little Altered Frame Home Decor by Stacy Rodriquez


Hey there everyone, Stacy here with you today for a little altered fun.  I picked up this white fabulous frame at Hobby Lobby and knew just what to do with it.  The Stationery Noted along with all of the goodies that go with this line were simply the perfect fit for this project.  I wanted to make a desktop calendar that was simply to change out the months on.  Let me show you the finished project first.


For this project you can take any frame and open up the back of the frame.  Cut a piece of pattern paper the size of the frame place it in the frame as you would a photo and simply put the back of the frame back on.  Now it's time to decorate the frame which is super easy to do because you simply embellish and decorate right on the glass. 

For the calendar pieces I used SRM Stickers and placed each month on a piece of cardstock.  I love the Polaroid paper from this line so I cut that apart, then attached a month on it's own Polaroid photo.  I placed a Tim Holtz memo pin down with a glue dot behind my big red flower in the corner so whenever the month changes I can simply slide out and switch months. I used the fun chipboard stickers across the top so that in case I was having a moment (or as my daughter calls them "mom moments") I would know what year it was ALL year :) 



Embellishing this was super fun and easy with all of the rockin' embllies with this line.  The fun buttons, flowers, enamel dots....oh just put it all on there!!  Here is a close up of the flowers along the bottom.



Well that is my fun way for you to know what the date is all year long.  Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you have a fabulous one!


11 comments:

  1. Cute, sweet fun and so thinking about lifting this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle, it was such a fun project to create.

      Delete
  2. What a useful and fund idea! I know what you mean about those "mom moments", it's like we remember every little thing...then there is nothing, total brain block.
    Gloria H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria, i'm so glad to hear someone else has "mom moments" :)

      Delete
  3. I bought 3 of those frames to alter!I love this-it's so happy.I need me some happy paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you create with the frames Beth!

      Delete
  4. this is so cute! What a great idea for your desk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...