Friday, January 18, 2013

Washi tape book binding, mini book with Cheri Piles using NEW Far and Away

Hey everyone, I hope you are enjoying all of the new collections from Teresa! I know all of us on the team are loving all four new collections. This album is from the FAR and AWAY collection. Click here --> TO SEE MORE OF IT. Be sure to let your local stores know how much you would like to use it so they know to order this and other collections. I will be honest, I still CAN NOT choose a favorite, I love them all for different reasons!! 
I think this is my favorite paper - Pennants, I used two sheets and cut out a few extra pennants and layered them on the top left. I Love the layered compass, with the chipboard piece and brad in the lower right. So fun!

Have I ever told you that I had not ever played with Washi tape until last July when Teresa came out with it in her last collections.... Have I told you that I seriously have passion for it now? I have a huge collection now!!

 I thought it would be fun to see just what can you really do with Washi tape and you know, you can do a lot! In the top left of this diagram, I cut my pages to size and layed them side by side. Then in the next photo you see where I have centered the washi tape over the seam. I repeated this for all of the pages and you can see in the third photo what the binding looks like. To finish it I adhered the inside cover to chipboard to create my cover. I repeated the same for the back of the book. I added a 1 1/2x 12" strip of paper over the back of the binding and attached it to the front of the cover and the back cover then covered and decorated the front cover.

You can see here where the red and blue tape are holding the page. The die cuts are so fun on the inside cover. My MOST favorite NEW embellishment - in all of the lines - PHOTO CORNERS!!! YAY!! This girl is doing a serious happy dance!!

On the left you can see where I layered two of the die cut border strips on top of each other. Such a fun look!

Have you seen the new envelopes??? They are in all of the collections and come in various sizes and four to a pack and the smallest one has glitter on the inside, SWOON!!

Here is another pocket page, Instead of cutting all of the journal cards apart I kept some of them and here there are two on top of each other. 

 I seriously have had the best time playing with this collection! And Congrats to my good friends and neighbors John and Denise, on their recent wedding, these are a few of their photo's from the trip they took up to Alaska, it looked like a great time!









http://cherinspirations.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous travel book, Cheri! Looks like you had an amazing time making the book, and taking the trip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan!! Yes, it was a lot of fun to make something new!!

      Delete
  2. Repinned it! You did an amazing job!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/118641771405677780/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously in love with this book! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this, i'm totally trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect binding is used to create both hardcover and paperback documents. This is really a type of thermal binding that entails placing the document in a case that has adhesive in the spine. When the case is placed in a thermal binding machine, the adhesive melts and secures the pages. This method provides users with securely bound books.


    Book Binding Boston

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...