Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day Dreaming by:Suzanne Sergi


Happy Wednesday!
Today, I have a layout created with the new collection debuted at CHA called Memories. This collection is a gorgeous color palette of blues, yellows, and greys. It has a vintage feel, and is perfect for 
preserving your memories. I love this photo of my daughter that I caught one day while she was sleeping on her bedroom floor. I love being able to capture simple moments, that really are the ones that I want to remember.

The sunglasses in the photo inspired me to use the 12x12 Filmstrip paper as part of the background of the layout. Gabriela is definitely a "star" to me. I used the 12x12 Word Paper, and the Tags Paper as well to complete the page. I love any paper with text, as it helps to soften a page.

Here you can see the 12x12 Tags paper along the bottom of the page. I decided to use the tags to create a border. I love the instant patchwork it created onto the page. I cut the scallops doilies from the 12x12 Doily paper, and a small one from the Die Cut sheet. Layered them all together to create a cluster on the Tag border.

Vellum is never far from my desk, so I created a circle pocket on top of one of the larger doilies  cut  from the Doily paper. I stitched along the circle, and before stitching it completely, cut apart the garland to tuck in random circles inside. A final detail to this doily embellishment are the enamel dots that add a splash of color to this vintage page.

Here you can see one of my favorite embellishments in this collection, the Memories garland. Simply applied along the bottom of the page to create a fun, and instant banner. So easy, all I had to was add pop dots underneath to add dimension, and the garland border was complete! 

This collection is absolutely gorgeous, and will become a favorite one of yours, too!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful page! Loving this collection and LOVE the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, Really enjoy your style.Thanks for shareing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne your layout is stunning, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do think this one is just gorgeous,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful layout, Suzanne, and a gorgeous collection from Teresa~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...