Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let It Snow by Stacey Michaud


December is here and the holiday preparations are in full swing.  Oddly enough, it is 55 degrees in New England.  I am enjoying beautiful days, but I think I am ready for some snow.

We have had only one snowfall so far and my kiddos couldn't put their boots and snowpants on quick enough.

They love it and I love to scrap snow pictures.  Especially when there is a great collection that allows you to tell the story.

Christmas Cottage became that collection for me.  Yes, a Christmas collection that is also perfect for winter photos.


I grabbed all the snowflake papers, references or motifs I could find and got to work.  I created the cluster along the top to ground my title and add some detail.  I layered die-cuts and chipboard, finishing it off with some stickers.


I placed my photos on the rich green to make them pop.  They contain a lot of white due to the snow in the background.  Putting them against the green makes them stand out.  I made a little banner to the right.


See my snowflakes?  They are from a sheet of paper...I simply cut around the edges to make different sized flakes.  I added centers such as the buttons and faceted rhinestone pearls.  I love the dimension they give the layout.


Snow or not, this collection is awesome for creating festive winter layouts! 

Supplies:  Papers:  Red Damask, Doily Tree, Red Snowflakes, Snowflakes; Faceted Rhinestones, Buttons, Chipboard, Die-cuts, Stickers, Decorative Brads, Trim


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...