Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Simple cards for any occasion by Amanda Jones
Hi everyone! Today I thought I would share with you how to recreate a simple set of cards I created, suitable for any occasion.
I based all three of the cards on the same design, but switched up the supplies a little for variety. I like to keep a supply of stamped and typed sentiments handy to add to cards as I need them, rather than making them too far in advance ;)
All of the cards use the Tell Your Story 6x6 pad, washi tape, borders and adhesive rhinestones. I switched between buttons and layered stickers for the final embellishment.
Here are the simple steps I took to create the cards:
1. Punch or die-cut a simple shape from a small rectangle of white cardstock. Back the shape with a snippet of 6x6 paper.
2. Add a small strip of washi tape to the right hand side of your white card base, 1/3 of the way down from the top.
3. Layer your punched shape over the tape with 3D foam pads. Add a button or layered sticker over the tape and punched design, and top with a rhinestone.
4. Add a die-cur border to the bottom of the card.
5. When the occasion arises, add a sentiment and you're good to go!
Thanks for visiting!