Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a little travel journal by Julie Jacob


It is finally summer...and around here that means summer soccer tournaments!
Belle's soccer team (the Rangers) is traveling to California in August to play in the Carlsbad Cup.  With a little trip to Disneyland & the beach thrown in.
I thought it would be fun for her to have a little travel journal for the trip. ;)


It's nice and compact (4"x6") so she can keep it in her backpack.  (Or more realistically, my purse.)
I used Everyday Moments, Fabrications Canvas, World Traveler & Sweet Afternoon.  How's that for mixing it up?  The stamp is made with the TC Stampmaker.
I should explain that 27 is her jersey number.  I think she is digging her book...


Let's peek inside a little.  


I used a punch for the tabs at the top.  The stamps on these pages are from World Traveler.  Most of the pages are blank for now.  I wanted her to have plenty of space for notes, things to remember, or autographs at Disney.



I made the Go Rangers! stamp with my Stampmaker.  The pocket page on the right is from a map...the bottom is sewed shut, so she can keep tickets, receipts, etc. in there.  I had thought I was being so clever...using a map of southern California.  And then I punched out Carlsbad and San Diego.  Duh.


The envelope on the right is from the World Traveler album kit...I just cut it down to fit my book, and then sewed the right edge shut.  
The stamp on the left is also made with the Stampmaker.  It's kind of like the team philosophy.  I got the image from an email from the coach, and turned it into a stamp.


And one more page...



I also made a bigger travel journal for myself...I have a picture of it on my blog today.  :)
Happy Tuesday...





3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Julie!! I love how you combined all the different papers - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Julie! Wish I had realized back in the day when I scrapped layouts and mini-books about my daughter's 16 years of soccer that it didn't have to be all "theme-y" and team colors and such. Something like this is will be enjoyed and treasure for much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...