Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Sweet Afternoon layout by Suzanne Sergi


Hello, everyone!
Today, I have a scrapbook page featuring the lovely Sweet Afternoon collection. I could not wait to use the soft blue palette in this collection. My first instinct was to create a boy page, but then I remembered this sweet photo of my daughter. It was a simple stroll in the park one afternoon, and how perfect for this collection.

Here is a glance at the supplies I used for this page:
Sweet Afternoon:  In the Garden Paper, In the Park Paper,Flying Kites Paper,Chipboard Elements, Die-Cut Accessory Sheet, Decorative Brads

Here is detail of the paper ribbon I created using a simple border punch. I folded it together, and used one of the decorative brads to embellish the center. The last layer is the oval journaling tag underneath. Journaling tags are great to be use as intended, but sometimes they are perfect to add as an extra detail to your embellishments.


This page is quite simple to recreate. I used the In the Park paper as my base. I loved all the rectangle frames on the paper, and this is where my inspiration began. I cut the In the Garden paper to fill in a fewof them. In the middle of the page you will notice a 5x7 piece of this paper that holds my photo. Underneath the picture, are layers of different papers. I used a white piece of embossed card stock, and vellum, too.

 At the bottom of the page I created a scallop edge, using two different border strips. In the right hand side you will notice the cluster of chipboard embellishments I created on top of a simple white tag.

This collection is perfect for scrapbooking formal events, but also fabulous for the everyday, such as a simple stroll in the park!



3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...