Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Statement Layout by Stacey Michaud


One of the many reasons I love the Everyday Moments collection is that it allows you to celebrate all the moments in your life, from big to small.  The themes and word phrases get you thinking about what memories you want to record.  I like to scrap my children and husband, but also think it is crucial to put yourself down on paper.

I decided to capture a small, yet important detail in my life...my style.  Style makes you unique, makes you who you are.  Both the topic of this layout and the design showcase who I am.


This "all about me" layout tells the story behind my big, chunky necklace.  It makes a statement and I adore it!  The layout design sums up my love for white space and funky details.  I like innovative and fun.  What better way to accomplish that than to use the triangle!  I am seeing triangles every where these days.  They are super easy to create...simply punch a square and cut along the center.


I placed mine along the sides to give my layout some balance and to ground the center cluster.  I love how Teresa's chipboard "Favorite" tab resembles the triangular shape...it compliments and actually helped to inspire the design!  I added some fun embellishments like the die-cuts and chipboard flower.


Isn't the yellow background paper dreamy?  I love this color combo...it is very stylin!

Supplies: 
Everyday Moments Paper:  Sentiments, Collage, Flying Bees, Ornate Flourish; Die-cuts; Brads; Buttons; Chipboard.


2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite line & the background paper I've bought more than 3 of... super page Stacey you never fail to inspire me with an awesome project

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Suz! Be sure to link us up to your page!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...