Monday, April 16, 2012

Sweet Afternoon Layout by Suzanne Sergi


Hi, everyone! I am happy to share my first project on the Teresa Collins Design Team Blog. Today, I am sharing a scrapbook page of my daughter, using the new collection, Sweet Afternoon. When I first received this collection, it was love at first sight! The greys, pinks, blues, and hints of yellow work so well together. The colors are soothing, and are perfect for scrapbooking the special moments in your life.

I decided to use a photo of Macie in her Easter dress. She is my youngest, and I am thankful she still loves dresses. However, there is a story behind the dress. At first, she did not want to buy it. Even though my husband, and I insisted she looked absolutely adorable. She kept calling it the dress with all the wrinkles! Luckily, in the end all of our coaxing worked.

This photo complimented the pinks, and greys of the Sweet Afternoon Collection. Macie is my girly girl, so I wanted to add a bit more softness to the page. I added vellum butterflies, that I embossed with my Cuttlebug Folders. I added a larger scallop border at the top, also cut from vellum.

A list of supplies found on the project above:
Sweet Afternoon With A Book Paper
Sweet Afternoon At the Picnic Paper
Sweet Afternoon At the Park Paper
Sweet Afternoon Going Downtown Paper
Sweet Afternoon Decorative Brads
Sweet Afternoon Die-cut Accessory Sheet

Other:
Vellum
Ink
Cuttlebug
Teresa Collins Timeless Embossing Folders

One of my favorite techniques is stamping onto my pages. I was so excited to see the assorted stamps available. So many to choose from, and are very easy to use. I use the following stamps on my page: Sweet Afternoon Stamps, Everyday Moments Stamps, and the border stamp found on the Fabrications stamp set.
Here, you can see a hint of the large vellum butterfly. It was embossed using Teresa's Timeless Embossing folders for Cuttlebug. A simple detail that adds dimension, and texture to the butterfly embellishment.

Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you have a wonderful day!




6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...