Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap! Fabrications Canvas layout by Amanda Jones


Hello! Happy 29th February! As it's 'Leap Day' today I thought I would share this layout about my life. I don't wait for leap days to do my leaping, as those who know me will tell you. In fact, I'm sure my parents have lost years off their lives due to my risk taking ;) Somehow I always land on my feet and this layout shares my thoughts about it.


I absolutely adore the Fabrications Canvas line and I used lots of goodies from the collection to create this page. I was going to use an electronic die-cutter to create circle apertures in my layout, but thought I would show a similar technique using circle punches so that people without a fancy machine can give it a try.


First I cut three 12" x 2 1/2" strips from white cardstock. I punched out 4 holes from each strip using a 2" circle punch. I knew I wanted the page to be asymmetrical so I punched randomly and left a little space at the ends of the strips to trim off some of the excess.


I backed the holes with scraps of patterned paper, again in a random fashion, and added a very thin strip along the bottom of each row of circles to add some definition when they were placed on the white background page. After trimming a little excess from the end of each strip, I alternately lined up the strips with the right and left hand sides of the page, starting from the bottom.


I added my photo, embellishments and journaling, and to echo the circle design I made a mini version of the strips using patterned paper and a 5/8" circle punch. I added gems to the centres of those little circles and traced the insides of the circles with a black pen to add some definition.

I hope you have a wonderful day! Are you going to take a leap this year?





2 comments:

  1. I love your style AMANDA! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a FANTASTIC layout Amanda! I love the design of this page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...