Friday, February 3, 2012

Fun with Paper Scrapbook layout using Carolina Breeze by Stacey Michaud


Sometimes I think it is important to have fun with paper...use it in a different way than you normally would!  Think about creating a mini when you are a layout girl or make your own chevron pattern.  Experimenting with paper expands the creative mind!

When I sat down to scrap this layout, I wanted to have some fun!  Since the topic is my daughter's preschool graduation, I immediately thought of scrolls.  Her diploma was all rolled up and tied with a ribbon.  Why not recreate that look for my page?




I used the pretty Carolina Breeze collection for this layout!  I love the die-cuts and how they can add so much to a page.  To make my scrolls, I simply cut rectangles of paper and placed a lot of adhesive along the edges.  I rolled mine around a pencil so they would form cylinders.  Then I pressed lightly so they stayed closed.  I tied a small piece of twine around a couple of them.  I carefully chose the ones on the left so they my left over twine would twirl over to the photo.  I like to place many of my design elements so they point towards or highlight the picture.



Look at the dimension the rolling effect creates...


It is an easy technique that yields cool results!

How will you play with paper today!?












5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...